The Best Goggles for ATV Riding
If you're an ATV enthusiast, you know the importance of a good pair of goggles. Whether you're looking to replace your current goggles, or you're a new enthusiast hoping for direction on which goggles to purchase, we have you covered. We have compiled a list of the ten best goggles for ATV riding.
1. What Should I Look for in ATV Goggles?
The most important thing to look for when finding ATV goggles is a proper fit. If your goggles do not fit properly, then they aren't safe; you can suffer visual impairment or even injury. Most goggles have adjustable straps, but you also want to make sure the interior foam fits your face in a way that creates a seal.
As for lenses, you want something scratch resistant. Look for Lexan lenses or polycarbonate-coated lenses for the best scratch resistance. A wide viewport will also contribute greatly to your visuals by giving you an expanded field of vision.
2. What If I Wear Glasses?
Many ATV goggles are made to accommodate riders who wear glasses. Over-the-glasses goggles are referred to as OTG goggles. If you wear glasses, look for this abbreviation when choosing your ATV goggles.
3. Where Can I Buy the Best Goggles for ATV Riding?
ATV goggles can be purchased from sporting goods stores and big-box stores. If you prefer online shopping, all the goggles featured on our list are available on Amazon.com.
How We Reviewed
We formed our list of the best goggles for ATV riding by researching what ATV enthusiasts had to say about what to look for in goggles and which goggles they prefer. We considered factors including lens and frame quality, durability, comfort, versatility, and price.
Overall Price Range
Goggles range in price from around $15 to around $185. More expensive goggles will feature higher-quality lenses with better optical clarity and resistance to scratching and cracking. They will also feature designs to prevent and reduce fog above and beyond what is considered standard for ATV goggles. As with anything, brand name will also be a factor that influences price.
What We Reviewed
- OTG (Over the Glasses) goggle is the ultimate model for riders wearing prescription glasses. Expanded eye port for a...
- Integrated temple arm pocket with cushioning foam for a secure fit. Widened nose bridge foam to aid in a superior fit...
- Oversized 45mm wide silicone-coated strap to eliminate slippage
First on our list of the best goggles for ATV riding comes from 100%. This google is perfect for ATV enthusiasts who wear glasses, with an OTG (over the glasses) design with an expanded eye port. This goggles will even fit over glasses with large frames. A temple arm pocket with foam cushioning is integrated with the strap, ensuring both comfort and a perfect fit. Also ensuring a perfect fit is the foam-cushioned widened nose bridge, which also works to reduce fogging. The foam used is triple-layer and designed to soak up sweat. The strap is an oversized 45mm wide, and coated in silicone to stay in place. This goggle comes with a dark lens installed and a spare clear lens.
- Clear vision is a must and FLY Racing's line of goggles allow you to read the terrain without distraction.
- Youth and adult specific frame sizes are made from premium, high-grade materials that are designed to provide a secure...
- Construction: Polycarbonate lens with premium anti-scratch and anti-fog coatings.
These goggles from Fly Racing may be the best goggles for ATV enthusiasts who like to be a little flashy. With a sleek design and eight bright colors to choose from, you won't go unnoticed in these goggles. The mirrored polycarbonate lens has anti-scratch and anti-fog coatings and is designed to provide a wide field of vision, so you have clear vision ahead of you and on your periphery.
The frame is made from durable polyurethane, meaning it can take a beating but won't weigh you down. Choose from color combos including blue with a blue mirrored lens, orange and black with an orange mirrored lens, pink with a teal mirrored lens, and more.
- OTG (OVER-THE-GLASSES) DESIGN - Ski goggles that fits over glasses. Suitable for both ADULTS AND YOUTH.
- ANTI-FOG LENS & EXCELLENT OPTICAL CLARITY - Dual-layer lens technology with anti-fog coated inner lens gives you a...
- SAFE & RELIABLE WITH UV PROTECTION - Soft TPU frame with lenses that provide 100% UV400 protection and YEARS OF RELIABLE...
OutdoorMaster brings another OTG goggle, suitable for men, women, and youths. Using a dual-layer lens technology with an anti-fog coated inner lens, you can count on these goggles to remain clear for all your ATV fun. The flexible thermoplastic polyurethane frame offers great durability and provides 100% UV400 protection. The elastic strap is extra long and therefore compatible with all helmets. These goggles are available in varying VLT (visible light transmission) ratings and in many color combos. Each pair of goggles comes with a carrying pouch and a one-year warranty.
Oakley is a well-known name in high-end eyewear, and it is quite possible they have the best goggles for ATV riding, but definitely not the cheapest. Fitted with Oakley's Prizm lens, you can count on these goggles to protect your eyes from debris and also to resist impact and cracking. The optical clarity these goggles are known for are unmatched; there is no distortion.
These goggles work equally well in hot and cold conditions and will not leave you subject to fogging or sweat drops. The design is almost frameless, giving you a wide field of vision. Oakley goggles also use Switchlock technology to simplify the process of changing lenses. While changing the lenses on most goggles will result in a mess of fingerprints, the Switchlock technology only requires that you open the side wings of the goggles to remove a lens and then close them once the new lens is inserted.
- Prizm is a revolutionary lens technology that fine-tunes vision for specific Sports and environments. See what you've...
- Switch lock lens technology for fast and easy lens changing
- Frame is composed of ultra-strong, yet lightweight, o matter combined with flexible urethane
Here we have another pair of the best goggles from Oakley. Like the Airbrake goggles from Oakley, these goggles feature the revolutionary Prizm lens, superior for optical clarity. These goggles also share the Switchlock technology that allows for fingerprint-free changing of lenses. The frame is made from Oakley's patented O Matter, a lightweight and pliable plastic that can handle a rough ride without breaking.
Triple-layer face foam fleece works to wick sweat. Included with these goggles is a high-impact Pluto night lens with F3 anti-fog coating. These goggles have a unisex design and come in many color combinations, so whatever your style, you're sure to find a set you like.
- Flexible O-Matter frame with maximized peripheral view
- Triple-layer face foam fleece to wick away sweat
- Anti-fog, scratch- and impact-resistant Lexan lens
If you want a pair of Oakley goggles, but are hesitant because of the price, the MX Adult Off-Road goggles may be the best goggles for you. With a flexible O Matter frame like the previous pair of Oakley's, you will find these goggles to be both durable and comfortable. This pair also features tripe-layer face foam fleece to wick sweat away. The Lexan lens is anti-fog, scratch resistant, and impact resistant. All of this comes at a much more affordable price than the other Oakley's on this list.
The extra height you'll find on the Prospect lens means you will have an extended field of vision, and you can be confident that your lens will stay secure (regardless of impact) with the Scott lens lock system. On these goggles you'll find an extra-wide silicone strap, so there is no need to worry about slippage. The Prospect goggles come with both chrome and clear lenses, and will make an ideal accessory for ATV riding in any weather.
- Excellent Optical Clarity PC Lens with UV400 Protection- UV400 protection coating on the lens prevents the harmful light...
- Strong Durable and Comfortable- Bendable PC lens with Soft TPU frame,good breathable foam fits tight and soft on face.
- Arc Shaped & Ventilation Design- Fits closely to your face around your eyes and enhance the air-flow circulation inside...
These goggles from Wellovar have a lot going for them—especially given the price. The lens has UV400 protection coating to reduce glare and block out ultraviolet light. The bendable PC lens and soft TPU frame work together to provide comfort and durability. The breathable foam forms to the contours of your face without causing discomfort. The arc-shaped design enhances air-flow to prevent fog. These goggles feature an adjustable non-slop elastic strap and a unisex design available in a variety of colors.
- COMFORTABLE TO WEAR: easy to adjust, the non-slip strap fits any size of head, and the breathable and hypoallergenic...
- TOP PERFORMANCE LENS: this shatterproof lens enables to provide you with a better view in the glare, and they are well...
- UNBROKEN FRAME: this pair of motorcycle goggles features a bendable frame for you to easily store them, which is also...
ENKEEO offers another pair of the best goggles that can be found at a reasonable price, featuring a shatterproof lens with high transparency, resistant to fog and scratching. The flexible, bendable frame makes for easy storage and great durability. The snug fit provides total protection from wind, dust, and water, and the hypoallergenic foam is a nice touch for those with sensitive skin. These goggles are extremely lightweight, weighing only 0.035 ounces, and their adjustable non-slip strap will suit those of all shapes and sizes.
- UNIVERSAL FIT: Non-slip and high elastic wide adjustable strap to accommodate any helmets and any sizes of head, fits...
- COMFORTABLE and SWEAT-ABSORBENT: Hypoallergenic foam adds exclusive comfort while you wear them, The flannelette design...
- 3 INTERCHANGEABLE LENSES: Clear, Colorful, Silver. Unique lens shape contributes to overall styling. UV400 protection...
Last on our list of the best goggles for ATV riding comes from AULLY PARK. These goggles have a universal fit with an extra-wide adjustable strap to accommodate all heads and helmets. The hypoallergenic foam offers comfort and prevents irritation for those with sensitive skin. These goggles come with three interchangeable lenses: Clear, Colorful, and Silver.
The polycarbonate lens has UV400 protection and is shatterproof, scratch-resistant, windproof, rustproof, and offers high transparency. The flexible, bendable frame allows for easy storage and adds durability to the design. These goggles have a unisex design and are appropriate for adults and youth.
The perfect ATV goggles will most likely come down to your personal preference. No one-size-fits-all is ever truly a one-size fits all. However, if you're still interested in our suggestions, we have a few.
We felt the best goggles on this list are the Oakley Airbrake goggles. The optical clarity of the Prizm lens will spoil you, and you will probably find anything else you use afterward to be unacceptable. Beyond the optical clarity, the Prizm lens is impact- and crack-resistant, and unlike most goggles that claim to be fog-free, these goggles are really fog-free regardless of weather. We also love the Switchlock technology that allows you to switch your lenses without adding smudges to your pristine Prizm lens. If you can swallow the price tag, these goggles are worth the money.
Best Mid-Range Option
The Scott Prospect goggles are a great option for roughly a third of what the Oakley's will cost you. They offer great visibility with extra height in the lens, and Scott's lens lock system keep your lens secure even in the event of impact.
Best Budget or Beginner Option
If you are just starting out and want to get a feel for what you like before investing in expensive goggles, a nice, inexpensive starter pair would be the Wellovar goggles. They are not likely to stand the test of time, but they are very inexpensive and decent goggles for the price.
Whichever goggles you choose, always keep safety in mind. If your goggles don't fit properly, you are left vulnerable to visual impairment by way of fog or debris. At the very least, find a pair that fits properly. Happy trails!