Best Battery Tender Reviews of 2018 | A Concise Buyer’s Guide
Have you ever found yourself with a flat battery for your vehicle and you have no idea how to get out of the situation, the best battery tender is the perfect solution. Most people support the idea of going about with an extra battery but that can be very difficult and cumbersome which is why the introduction of battery tender turns out to be the perfect option.
Battery tender helps to recharge your battery eliminating the need for having another battery. Not all battery tender has all it takes to get your battery charged which is why you need to be very careful when choosing a battery tender online.
However, we’ve made things so easy for you by bringing you our top choice of the best battery tenders
Table of Contents
- 1 Recommended Best Battery Tender Reviews
- 1.1 #1 Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior
- 1.2 #2 Battery Tender 022-0185G-dl-wh Black 12 Volt
- 1.3 #3 Battery Tender Plus 021-0128, 1.25 Amp Battery
- 1.4 #4 NOCO Genius G3500 6V/12V 3.5A UltraSafe
- 1.5 #5 NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12V
- 1.6 #6 Schumacher SEM-1562A-CA 1.5 Amp Speed Charge
- 1.7 #7 Battery Tender 022-0148-DL-WH 12-Volt 4-Bank
- 1.8 #8 Battery Tender 800 is a SuperSmart Battery Charger
- 1.9 #9 Potek 2/6/10 Amp Smart Battery Charger and Maintainer
- 1.10 #10 Schumacher SSC-1000A SpeedCharge 2/6/10 Amp Battery Charger
- 2 Battery tender features
- 3 Battery tender specification
- 4 Conclusion
Recommended Best Battery Tender Reviews
Battery tender features
- Reverse polarity warning: This will actually tell you if you’ve made mistake with the connection. You will get a reverse polarity warning if you hook a positive cable on the negative post.
- Charger compatibility: You must ensure that your battery tender is compatible with the voltage of your battery. It will be quite difficult to get your battery charged when using a battery tender that is low in voltage. For example, let’s say you have a battery with 12 voltage, using a battery tender of 6 voltage will be too low to get it charged.
- Fast and slow charge rate: Take note that charge rate differs with a battery tender. Some comes with fast charge rate while some with slow rate.
- Battery conditioning: All battery tender has battery conditioning as most of them uses a microprocessor controlled multi-step process for charging a battery.
- Built-in battery tester: This is a feature that tells you the exact charging percentage of your battery. It helps you to detect if the battery is charging or not and at what rate.
- Insulated clamps: Just to prevent any accidental shock, this battery tender comes with insulated clamps. So it is important that you get a battery tender that has insulated clamps.
Battery tender specification
- Battery type: Not all batteries can be charged using a battery tender. The common types of a battery include lead acid, Gel cel and flooded or sealed batteries. So it is important you are aware of the type of battery you have in your vehicle so as to get the appropriate battery tender.
- Peak Amperes: This is known as the level of current drawn over one millisecond. Take note that the higher the peak, the higher the current drawn from the battery tender. However, you don’t need to be concerned about the peak, you just need to be more concerned about getting your battery fully charged.
- Average charge time: The average time to charge your battery using battery tender is around 2 to 10 hours but it has all it takes to charge your battery fully. You must take the health of your battery serious which is why it is important that you get it fully charged before use.
- Portability: Most battery tender comes as a lightweight device so it isn’t as though it is going to add more weight to your vehicle.
This is a comprehensive guide and review on the best battery tender you can choose to purchase to get your battery charged whenever you have a flat battery. Say no to being stranded as a result of flat battery with the use of any of the battery tender.